Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Robowranglers

Tomorrow I leave for the FIRST Robotics World Championship in St. Louis, MO with my team, the Robowranglers. We are from Greenville, TX and I am the teacher who runs the team. Our group consists of 31 students, 3 teachers, and 16 engineering mentors from L3 Communications and Innovation First. Every year we have six weeks to completely design and build a robot from scratch to play a game. This year's game is like robot basketball.
I am in this program for several reasons. First I participated on a robotics team in high school, and college and I love the program and competition! Second I love working with kids and helping them learn about STEM fields.
But most importantly I love working with this team because they are my family. We have a bond that is so incredible I've never had it anywhere else. I love the students and mentors so much I could burst. They are hard workers, with brilliant ideas, who never give up and work at a consistently high level every day. At this point we are a well oiled machine and everyone from our drive team, to pit crew, to scout team is practiced and ready to go. I am so excited to compete this weekend no matter what the outcome!!
Finalist & Quality Award, Alamo Regional
Winner, Website Award, & Quality Award, Midwest Regional
Anna (human player), Amy (operator), and Me
Tebowing cause we are silly :-p
Winner & Quality Award, Dallas Regional

So here's hoping for a safe, fun, and successful weekend with my robotics family. They have been the most stable thing in my life the past couple months and they all have no idea how grateful I am for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment