Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fight against cancer: Step 1

In my last entry aptly titled, Fuck Cancer, I realized that I wanted to start making a difference. Not just sitting back and watching cancer ruin the lives of my friends and family, and feeling helpless the whole time. So today I started taking a step in the right direction. Me and two of my robotics students decided to make an entry into the annual Greenville event Bras for the Cause. Every year anyone in the community can enter a decorated bra into the competition. Then all the bras are put on display downtown and people buy votes to vote for their favorite bra. At the end of the night the bras with the most votes are declared the "breast in show." All the proceeds go to woman fighting breast cancer in Hunt County. One of my very good friends at school, Vanessa Pope, is a big supporter of the organization and does a great job every year of making this event happen.

Well not only is this a great event, and a great cause, but I also got to bond a little with two of my freshman girls while creating our bra! So for your viewing pleasure here is our 2012 Bra "Tech Rack"




If you want to vote for our bra votes are $1 each and you can give money to me or any Robowrangler student!! Or better yet come by the Calico Cat in Greenville on October 11th and vote for us yourself!!

Side note: Robowrangler Relay for Life team is also in the works! I can't think of a better way to combine the two things I'm most passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment