Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Thank You's

One of my favorite Robowrangler traditions is that at the end of every season all the students write Thank You cards to all the mentors. Today after school I was cleaning out my old desk becasue I got a new one and I found my bag of them. I sat and read through them again and it was exactly the pick me up I needed. I've been in a funk since school started and I think this will get me out of it. People sometimes ask me why I'm a teacher, or why I spend so much time doing this for the Robotics team. Well this is why:
You are by far of all the people I have encountered throughout my lifetime the one that I feel has affected me the most. You have taught me that nothing should stop you from reaching your goals, and that no disadvantage is insurmountable in any situation. You have taught me many a life lesson, and so much more. I have learned from just watching how you deal with some of the toughest situations I have ever seen someone in that you can always succeed. You have showen me that though life is tough you are never truly beat unless you allow yourself to be. Though this isn't typical of a teenage boy to notice I know that you are one of the strongest women that most anyone will encounter throughout their lifetime. I have nothing but the upmost love and respect for you, you have truly changed me for the better.



I know that only oceans, novels, and the universe are supposed to be epic, but you fall into that category!




I can hardly put into word how thankful I am for all you do for us. You deal with the political school logistics, making sure we all eat, work alongside us, make sure we are OK and so many more things I could write forever. You've inspired me to work harder and never give up, no matter the odds. Thanks for being my big Wrangler. (:-p Simbot reference)




I honestly don't know hot to start this. The more I think about it, the harder it is. I love our talks during academic advisory, girl's day, and I know that I can talk to you about anything. We help each other through the difficult times, and laugh it off after we've managed not to kill anyone. I am going to miss our talks next year, but I won't be too far and I can always stop by to make sure that no one is in danger of getting stabbed :-p You've become a big sister to me, and I can't wait for all the fun times ahead. You're the best, and I love you.




I want to thank you for everything. Every time I have a question you always listen and do the best you can to answer even when you are busy. You stick up for me when I get left out and always make me feel welcome. I love when you see me in the hall sometimes you scream out my name and tell me you missed me. You are a fantastic teacher and have made my time on the team a great joy.




Nothing I could ever say, nor could any words I write down on this paper ever convey just how grateful I am to have you as a teacher, coach, mentor, and friend. You have done so much for this team and we appreciate all the time and effort you've spent to ensure that Team 148 is always at our best. I've grown quite close to you , and I don't know how I am going to handle graduating and moving away from all you people I've come to know and love.




In case there was any doubt, I KNOW I have the best students in the world. I would go to the ends of the earth for them. And I want to thank them for being the best they can be every day and being my Robowrangler family. They help me just as much as I help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment