Saturday, June 9, 2012

Finally In Porto Sant'Elpidio

Well yesterday was exciting! I took a cab to the airport to meet up with my group and take the 3.5 hour car ride to our camp. We left at 10am and got into Porto Sant'Elpidio around 2pm. There are 2 apartments for the consolers one downstairs with 2 people and one upstairs with 6 people. I am downstairs :-) So there are 8 of us girls all together. 3 are seniors at Arizona State, 3 are friends from someone where but they all go to different colleges (one in Chicago, one in NYC, and I don't remember the last one). Then there is me and one other girl that goes to University of Chicago.
In case you didn't get this from the information above, I am the only non-college student here :-p and the oldest by about 6 years. Good thing I'm young at heart! My roommate (Bre) is the only other girl that came here alone and she is pretty awesome. The first thing she did was break a dresser drawer and then we fixed it and she said "crisis averted." I know then and there we would get along. I rode here with the 3 girls from ASU and we hit it off pretty well. They want to travel all over and have invited me to explore with them.
My apartment is basic, and all that we need. I barely fit in the shower, in fact my shoulders hit the walls when I turn, but the girls upstairs can't stand up in theirs so I feel lucky.
The people here drove us to a place for dinner last night that the group from last year ate at all the time. We had pasta, Prosciutto, and fresh pulled mozzarella. After diner I decided to walk around with the girls from ASU (Claire, Anita, and Lucia). We walked around the main square in town, down to the beach, and ended up having a glass of wine at this cute little place in town.


I'm living here for a month. Unreal.

We were having a nice time, and the waiter came up with a plate of mini sandwiches and rolls and this yummy salad. Then he came up with a tray of mini pizzas, and coffee creme shots. We were all stuffed but managed to inhale most of the plates and they didn't charge us anything! We will be back there for sure!

Wine and second dinner

I am sitting at an internet cafe down the street from my apartment, and we have orientation a little later today. I am having the best time. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment