Friday, June 15, 2012

First Week of Camp

Well we finished our first week of camp!! It was harder and easier then I expected.
Working with 3 other teachers with 14 kids was difficult for me. I'm not used to having help in the "classroom" and sharing the stage was hard for me because I am not used to it at all. Combine that with people that don't have much experience and are hesitant to take the lead and we definitely had some growing pains. I think by the end of the week we had it worked out much better. The kids are amazing and I have come attached to them like I do with all my students. We played some awesome games today for a review (picture bingo, hangman, memory, and of course duck duck goose) I was amazing at how far they had come. We covered a lot of topics this week. Alphabet, Numbers, Colors, Animals, Classroom Materials, Fruits, Body Parts, Clothes, Action Words, Emotions, and others I am forgetting. They seemed to have the most trouble with body parts. The easiest was the alphabet and numbers. And the one they had the most fun with was animals. But today they seemed to even have body parts down! We ended the day with kick ball which was pretty hysterical. I finally remembered to snap a few pictures today. Most of them they are working on an animal word search.






Most of the kids will be back next week and we will probably have the same groups, so hopefully we can do more work with them. I am happy to be getting away this weekend though because I was getting a little anxious in the routine. We just got to Venice and had a quick dinner before everything closed up. We are headed to Verona in the morning and then back here for Saturday night and Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment