Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just another day...

Just another day here in Porto. Camp, Lunch, Beach, Drinks, Internet.
Camp was better today. Most of my kids remembered "Good Morning" and a lot of the animals. We worked on numbers and colors today and everything went really smoothly. We also played twister which was fun and challenging at the same time. I find myself frustrated a lot because I am no allowed to speak Italian to the students, but I also don't understand it yet. So I will have a student trying to tell me something, and I can't understand and all I can say is "say it in English" but they don't know how and I can't understand. Not beng able to communicate or meet the needs of my students is new and completely frustrating to me. But as a whole I feel like today went much better then yesterday.
Claire and I went to the beach after camp today and feel asleep for about 2 hours in the sand. We then went out for drinks at this bar that serves the best mojitos I have ever had. I watched them pick fresh mint to make them. We sat for hours and just drank and talked. It's hard to remember that we have known each other for 5 days and not 5 years. She is just the best!! We are both convinced that we were meant to come on this trip to find each other just to be each other's support. I am amazingly blessed to have this support at a time where I was seeking it while being in paradise at the same time.
We are in the middle of planning our trip this weekend to Venice and Verona. I can't wait. Caio!

1 comment:

  1. You know...I'm sorry you had a difficult time recently. But, there are LOTS of people that care for and support you regardless of where your physical location is.

    I'm glad you're enjoying your time there. Soak it up. Learn lots. Remember even though you own the English language, you don't always have the right word with that all the time either...even with the students you see more than 100 days a year. As you learn more...so will the children. It's a good thing.

    I've totally enjoyed your writing. I hope you keep doing it! It's great to hear about the wife's adventurous cousin!

    ReplyDelete