Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rome - Round 3

So I went to Rome again this weekend with Claire. I don't know what it is about it there but I find it all so..... romantic. Rome makes me feel comfortable, safe, confident, happy, sad, excited, and romantic. It's like no other city in the world. And it always leaves me wanting more.
I saw many things that I had already seen in Rome but got different experiences. I saw about 20 rooms at the Vatican I had never seen before. For whatever reason I appreciated the Sistine Chapel much more this time. I got to go literally everywhere you can go in the Colosseum, hiked up a bunch of trails in the park that is near there, and just got to explore more in general.


 Vatican Gardens
 Modern Art in the Vatican
 Other side of the Colosseum that I did not go to last time
My second favorite place in Rome, Trevi Fountain

Also to make this trip a little different and fun I did a Robowrangler in Rome picture series :-p It was awesome and I hope everyone has a chance to check it out.

On Saturday night Claire and I were shopping for various souvenirs. I ended up buying some amazing Balsamic Vinegar that is more the consistently of oil. It is aged like 20 years and delicious. I am bringing it back to the states! I was also looking for a Rome tote bag and a magnet for my classroom and we went into this random store and ended up talking to the two guys working there for like 30 minutes. They both spoke amazing English and were pretty nice to look at :-p We discussed traveling and where we have been and what our favorite cities were etc. We exchanged names and said good night (after many bella american and you have beautiful green eyes comments). Much the my surprise the next day in the park by the Colosseum I hear "Ahh-drienne" (because that's how all Italians say my name) and what do you know! It's the same guy from last night. I decided fate was trying to tell me something and we talked for a while took some pictures and just had a nice romantic moment in Rome. It was incredibly refreshing. And more proof that I need a reality show, because this is what happens unscripted in my life. 

Italy is good for me. It fits. My skin is soft, and incredibly tan. My hair is healthy, soft, shiny, and requires no styling. My heartburn is non-existent. I have lost some serious weight to the point where my pants are starting to fall off. My calfs are rock solid. My allergies are tame. And I'm laughing non-stop. Coming back to the states is going to be nice, but I will miss life here. It is relaxed and freeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment