Sunday, June 10, 2012

Let's get it started!

Well my first weekend in Italy has been a great success.
Saturday: We went to orientation in the morning and were able to get a better idea of what we would be doing. We played some ESL games and got to meet to people who run the camp here. We picked up our bikes and rode back to our apartments, which was an adventure to say the least. First of all, I didn't know we were getting our bikes so I wore a skirt. I'm pretty sure I flashed everyone in Porto yesterday. But I was not really that concerned, mostly because I was more concerned about not getting run over by other bikers and cars. We decided to go out as a group last night and hit a couple beach bars. We found out that drinks here are VERY strong. Like straight liquor. So we were all feeling pretty good, and then accidentally crashed a wedding. You know, just a typical Saturday night.
Sunday: We all got up and the crack of noon and headed over to the restaurant that serves us lunch for free 7 days a weeks. As I keept writing these crazy sentences I can't believe that this is really my life. We went to the beach afterwards and hung out for about 3 hours. The water was freezing but amazing. We are all at the cafe getting internet now, and going to head out to dinner later with a few Italian friends we met today that are part of the camp.
I am picking up the language a little. The phrase I use the most is Mi Dispiace. Which translates to I'm Sorry :-p
I'm surprised at how much Spanish is helping me get through things here. I am hoping my Italian gets better this week, as there are a lot of times I am totally frustrated with myself that I can't speak the language. Camp starts tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it! More exciting stories to come!
 All of the girls!
 Me and Claire in the Ocean
Ballin with our Corona's

No comments:

Post a Comment