Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rainy Day = Fun Post

It's a little cloudy and rainy here today so I am just chilling at the hotel where we can get internet. There are a lot of differences between America and Europe, and more specifically America and the small town of Porto Sant'Elpidio.

1) There are no dryers here. We hang all of our laundry out to dry on the railing of our balcony. A couple nights ago there was a storm. Thankfully all my laundry that blew off the railing landing in the balcony and not in the street

2) All the cars here are tiny and don't give a crap where they park. Street, ok. Sidewalk, ok. Middle of a round about, ok.

3) Bicycles. Everyone uses them as a main mode of transportation. Without helmets, it's scary.

4) Prostitutes. We see at least 6 on the main street here EVERY night. We actually made a game out of spotting them. Horrible I know.

5) Drains on the streets are just holes drilled into the pavement.

6) Meals here are events. They serve us so much food at lunch I feel like I am going to explode, but rude if I leave things on my plate. (Every thing has been amazing however, I mean just delectable)

7) Breakfast is dessert! I'm not complaining for sure, but all breakfast food has chocolate or Nutella in it. It is so freaking amazing.

8) Everywhere serves liquor. Cafes, restaurants, stores, you name it. Everyone drinks everywhere.

9) When you go out to eat they serve you water in 1.5 liter bottles and then give you teeny tiny plastic cups (like 4 oz.) to pour it into. It's like taking little water shots.

10) They serve seltzer everywhere! As the default. It's incredible.

I'm sure there is more, just can't think of them right now. I'm having a rough day today, no surprises though because this is typically a tough time of year of me. I'm sure that the next couple days will be the same. Hopefully weekend travel planning and actually travel will distract me.

No comments:

Post a Comment